Last week, I was invited to experience the Fluff Bar in Denver. I was very excited about the opportunity. It is the only full service hair salon with a full bar. Fluff bar specializes in blowouts, hair color and style, manicures, makeovers, pedicures and facials all while enjoying your favorite cocktail. They also offer hair lessons so you can learn how to properly blowdry and style your hair. I had the pleasure of working with Krista, a stylist at Fluff Bar. My experience was nothing short of amazing and she taught me SO much! Seriously, any question I had, she had a great answer!
I loved the modern and tranquil decor in the salon!
There is a nail bar on one side and a fully stocked drink bar on the other. There were so many gorgeous chandeliers!
So what did I learn? I’m all about lists, so here goes!
- When blow drying your hair, blow against the root. It creates instant lift
- Section hair while blow drying
- If you plan on curling or straightening your hair, only blow dry the roots. The bottom half of your hair dries faster and will be styled anyway. Don’t give your hair more heat than necessary.
- When curling your hair, put sections of your hair into rollers after you curl it. This will create lift as your hair cools.
- While teasing your hair, take the comb out each time you backcomb instead of a fast up and down motion. This only creates a rats nest. Taking the comb out each time creates a nice neat cushion.
- Deep condition your hair once a week! Add coconut oil to your ends and wrap in a bandana. Sleep on it and rinse out in the morning.
- When curling your hair, curl both side the same way (either towards your face or away from your face). The curls will lay much nicer this way!
- To hide a bobby pin, insert it into the section/twist being pinned
- Don’t be afraid to venture out. Throw some bobby pins in with a bouffant. You may be unsure about a style, but chance are it actually looks really cute! I came up with about 5 different hairstyles last week by doing this!
What are some of your favorite hair styling tips and tricks? Please share!
Disclaimer: Although my hair service was complimentary, I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.